Senior Technical Writer
About the Role
Uber Engineering has amassed a veritable treasure trove of technical documentation. As a Technical Writer, you will use your writing ability and technical curiosity to make it easy to understand Uber engineering information. You partner with engineers, other technical writers, product managers and data scientists to understand user needs and help engineering writing partners build impactful internal engineering documentation.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to tackle these challenges.
What you'll do
- Work closely with engineers to produce high-quality technical documentation that engineers trust
- Improve existing onboarding and education processes with documentation, helping engineers get quickly up to speed
- Improve the developer experience by testing tools and services, investigating problems, and channeling feedback into high quality, impactful documentation
- Accurately prioritize documentation, from the layout of content on a page to finding its accurate place in the entire documentation taxonomy, with search optimization in mind
- Define standards and style guidelines that help other writers and engineers
What you'll need
- A minimum of 5years of experience writing developer-facing documentation and other forms of technical content
- Proven ability to write technically accurate, concise, and detailed content
- Proven ability to independently scope out and prioritise multiple writing projects
- Established ability to learn technical concepts quickly
- Experience writing for web, software, hardware, or cloud technologies
- Experience crafting API documentation or code examples
- Excellent leadership and mentor skills
Bonus points if any...
- You have experience writing about large-scale web services (knowledge of the various pieces of interacting technologies behind platforms)
- You have written big picture overviews about complex platforms
- Experience with Confluence as well as statically generated HTML/CSS/JS content
- You have design and/or advanced information architecture skills.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.