About the Role
Uber Transit blends powerful technology with genuine service, connecting transit agencies to their future and riders to their opportunities. You can be an integral part in building and securing the networks that are the foundation and future of transit. Design, implement, and maintain firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and AWS network infrastructure. Work with the engineers from third party vendors. Manage wireless networks, and fixing existing infrastructure.
About the Team
Routematch by Uber is the leading provider of intelligent transit solutions (ITS) spanning demand response, fixed route, payment, mobility, and on-demand transit solutions. We blend powerful technology and excellent service to equip transit agencies with the right tools to provide accessibility and mobility for every rider in their community. When everyone has access to transportation, individuals, communities, and societies thrive.
We're inspiring change in the transit world with new and improved products and top-notch service. We're hiring energetic, positive professionals to contribute their talents and creativity to solutions that empower people to change their lives and get moving. Routematch is a place where you can honestly say "my work matters".
What You'll Do
- Build and Configure Networks: With experience and knowledge of Cisco routing and switching, to include install, maintain, and configuration of Cisco routers/switches, firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and wireless networking.
- Resolve Technical Issues: Proficiency troubleshooting and testing Cisco networks. Technical issues include network-related problems, system failures, and routing changes and updates.
- Apply Security Updates: Applying security techniques, ensuring proper controls in access, logging, and auditing. They also develop network security guidelines.
- Test and Evaluate Software: Testing and evaluating software and hardware, ensuring reliability. To maintain systems, develop processes to improve network functionality and monitoring.
- Assess Network Performance: To ensure that the needs of the business are met. They also make recommendations for network planning and upgrades on systems.
- Strong iOS command line skills
- Knowledge of AWS networking and its interaction with on-premise networks. The ability to build and maintain VPN tunnels, transit gateways, VPC peering, routing tables, and Network ACLs.
- Wide variety of troubleshooting experience using open source and purchased tools
- At least five years of experience
- CCNA routing and switching and/or Security certification
- Hands-on management experience of ASA 5500 series Firewalls and MDS 9000 series FC switches
- Extensive understanding of the fundamentals of networking routing, switching, protocols, LAN/WAN, DNS, wireless, troubleshooting
- Understanding of on-premise and AWS networking configurations and management
- Experience with Meraki Wireless networking
- AWS networking experience and/or certifications
- Experience configuring routing protocols e.g. BGP, EIGRP, OSPF
- Experience conducting security audits, reviewing logs, and identifying suspicious activity
- Scripting experience with languages like Python
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.