Marketplace Lead, UKI - Uber Rides
As the Marketplace Lead for both Product and Performance teams, you are responsible for both the Marketplace product features that we deploy in the UK & Ireland, and also for the overall health, growth and performance of the UKI business.
You will be a senior leader in the team, acting as deputy to the Head of Marketplace and representing Marketplace in UKLT meetings when the Head is not available or out-of-office. Your role will be to assist the head of Marketplace to conceive, prioritise, plan and execute the team's body of work, as well as taking on the most impactful IC work within the team. As a leader, you will also provide dotted-line oversight, mentoring & support to the 6 analysts within our two teams.
The Performance team is responsible for making sure that Uber's marketplace is functioning effectively across all cities in which Uber operates. This means making sure there is a healthy balance of supply and demand, that session conversion and reliability are within acceptable levels, and that the dynamics of the Marketplace are understood & optimised for as necessary. It is also responsible for setting and beating our financial & growth targets, and developing/executing our strategy w.r.t. Competitive pressure in key markets. This team pulls on levers including pricing, incentives, marketing, CRM, and app-changes as necessary.
The Product team is responsible for managing the pipeline of new product features that reach the UK&I business, and specifically for working with EMEA & Product teams to prioritise, schedule, design, configure, test, deploy and evaluate Marketplace features that are either launched or needed for launch in the UK&I. This team really understands how to use Uber's back-end tech to implement changes, and also is very close to the operational processes in place to ensure smooth and regulatory compliant releases of new tech. This team also manages pickup/dropoff experiences, venues, mapping & other ad hoc responsibilities.
The key objectives of this role include:
- Accelerate the growth & expansion of the UK business by thinking outside of existing constraints & assumptions
- Lead your team to investigate, solve and remediate some of the most interesting business problems imaginable!
- Identify, surface, progress and execute on business opportunities, leveraging the power of our platform & data
- Think into the future requirements of the UKI marketplace, and enable Product to better develop solutions for the UKI
- Ensure robust planning & accurate forecasting, and then beat those targets to deliver on ambitions longer-term goals
- Monitor and redirect our competitive strategy as necessary, to enable Uber to lead in the markets in which we operate
- Oversee & guide our efforts to optimise pricing in key cities for growth, profitability & customer experience
Key skills / requirements:
- A minimum of 8 years experience, ideally with a background in tech
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment
- Long term strategic thinking
- Proven ability to motivate and lead teams
- Outstanding stakeholder and project management skills
- A creative approach and a rounded understanding of everything does
- A proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Experience working with central product teams
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.