Product Manager - Uber Freight - Carrier Experience
About the Role
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way that Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, results-oriented individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more harmonious, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
To that end, we are seeking a Product Manager to join the Carrier Experience team. As a product manager for Carrier Experience, you will define and build new experiences for carriers (individual truck drivers or trucking companies with fleets of trucks that move freight) using the Uber Freight app and web platforms to address their pain points while driving growth for the business.
How can we onboard and activate more carriers onto Uber Freight? How can we make sure our carrier product meets the carriers needs, so they continue to engage with the platform? How can we truly differentiate ourselves and provide significant value to carriers so that they will choose our offering over others? Those are the types of questions you will be thinking about every day in this role.
What You'll Do
- Defining and communicating product plans from conception to launch.
- Analyzing the results of a launch and creating the plan to iterate and build new features
- Prioritizing features based on business impact and available resources.
- Work closely with colleagues across Engineering, Data Science, Design, Marketing, User Research, and Operations to bring your ideas to life.
- Productively filling communication gaps amongst all team members.
- Contributing to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions.
- Making magic out of the complicated and antiquated freight industry through intense focus on simplification and shipping minimal viable products
What You'll Need (BQ's?)
- 3+years of proven experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
- A passion for user experience, and a deep understanding of and appreciation for good design.
- Experience using data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- The ability to tackle sophisticated product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams successfully
- Track record of successfully building 0 to 1 products
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.