Product Manager - Uber Freight - Marketplace Dynamics
About the Role
Uber Freight connects shippers with truckers, much like the way that Uber connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, ambitious individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world. On the Uber Freight team, we fiercely believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads.
To that end, we are seeking a data-minded Product Manager for our Marketplace Dynamics team. As a Marketplace Dynamics PM, you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team building the "brains" of the marketplace. You will constantly seek better ways to balance supply and demand, from our industry-first freight surge pricing, to our intelligent carrier/shipper matching algorithms, to our health and monitoring tools for our operators.
You will answer questions like What is a "good" load vs a "bad" load? In what regions should we onboard more carriers? What is the tradeoff between margin and growth?
If you get excited by a user-first approach to building marketplaces and demonstrating world class data expertise to execute on your vision, this is the perfect role for you.
What You'll Do
- Use data-driven methodologies to grow our business while balancing supply and demand.
- Define and communicate product plans from conception to launch.
- Use your technical expertise to question, understand, and challenge software implementation decisions and priorities.
- Analyze the results of a launch and create the plan to iterate and build new features.
- Prioritize features based on business impact and available resources.
- Contribute to technical conversations around deadlines and engineering solutions.
- Drive product research priorities for the research team.
What You'll Need (Basic Qualifications
- 3+ years of related experience in product management
- Have a track record of successfully building 0 to 1 products, or scaling an existing product(s) feature. (B2B / B2C)
- Experience working alongside design teams / UX exposure along with cross-functional counterparts
About the Team
The Marketplace Dynamics team is responsible for building the "brains" of the marketplace. We constantly seek better ways to balance supply and demand, from our industry-first freight surge pricing, to our intelligent carrier/shipper matching algorithms, to our health and monitoring tools for our operators. We answer questions like What is a "good" load vs a "bad" load? In what regions should we onboard more carriers? What is the tradeoff between margin and growth?
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.