Sr Product Manager - Safety
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and hardworking Product Manager with technical depth, product intuition, and pragmatic spirit to lead the safety roadmap for our Sao Paulo engineering site. You will be in close-quarter of user problems on a global scale to craft and engineer solutions that will deliver safe rides, eats, and bike experiences. You should enjoy exploring uncharted territory as we build outstanding safety technologies with careful consideration for regulation, privacy, and user sentiment towards safeguarding users as well as growing user trust. We need your skills and desire to make it happen.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as how the Uber Safety team's mission and objectives factor into the company strategy
- Collect whatever data is essential to recommend product direction by soliciting and accepting critical feedback
- Find opportunities for new products that demonstrate Uber's global scale and build upon its safety infrastructure to provide outstanding and lasting customer value
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber - both human and machine
- Partner with User experience research, Operations and Support teams to seek insights on hidden user problems
- Launch customer-facing products and analyze ways to improve UX and adoption, thus helping differentiate Uber in the eyes our users
- Creative problem solving: Distill the vision and strategy for the team, generate passion across the multi-functional team through creative problem solving and dedicated prioritization
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Depth, expertise, and pragmatism. You have forward-thinking ideals for user safety, freedom and can apply them in a business environment
- Passion. You're energized and equipped to share our message on safety and dedication to get user trust, the industry, and other specialists.
- Leadership. You're able to educate cross-team partners on product decisions and processes.
- You're just as comfortable with on the ground safety challenges that we are faced with as you are with thinking big in proactively building products to mitigate problems
- You have outstanding design instincts with a keen eye for detail. You have a track record of shipping products with intuitive designs that speak for customer care and value
- An excellent teammate. Your product instincts are matched by your modesty and readiness to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing 'the right thing' is. You are an enabler, not a blocker. You seek to mentor and share your knowledge with others
- Shown experience delivering highly successful solutions in engineering, product management, data analytics, or in strategy & operations within a tech company - you're very proud of what you've accomplished.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with the user and technical challenges faced in Trust & Safety or Risk engineering and product teams
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada