Associate Manager, Technical Supply Chain & Commodity
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, go-getter, curious and technically savvy manager to work on supply chain and sourcing hardware related commodities, while gaining valuable experience working for the world's largest gig-economy company.
Associate manager, Technical Supply Chain & Commodity will be a key partner to various teams like Hardware Engineering, Technical Program Management, Infrastructure Efficiency, Capacity Planning, Autonomous Technology Group, Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay teams based in Uber offices in San Francisco, Sunnyvale and Pittsburgh. This position will report to Technical Supply Chain & Commodity Manager. So if you're ready to learn how this company that is moving the world operates and willing to roll up your sleeves to handle supply chain & source hardware, read on and get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Assist & drive supply chain related projects and sourcing of technical commodities related to following areas at Uber - Compute CPU and GPU, Storage Solid State Drives(SSDs) and Hard Disk Drives(HDDs), Memory DIMMs, Network Interface Cards (NICs) and other commodities that constitute a rack.
- Drive total cost of ownership (TCO) reductions in hardware commodities for Uber.
- Comfortable working across various time zones to achieve results.
- Build deep relationships with key hardware suppliers and partners to craft mutually-beneficial solutions
- Establish great working relationships with various teams at Uber including Hardware Engineering, Technical Program Management, Infrastructure Efficiency, Capacity Planning, Autonomous Technology Group, Strategic Finance, Accounting and Procure to Pay.
- Negotiate contracts, commercials and key deal terms.
- Benchmark quotes and Bill of Materials (BOM) with industry.
- Provide regular status updates to key Uber partners
- Perform quarterly reporting to management on key metrics, successes and improvement areas of the team to show how we've improved
- Use eRFP tools to source hardware related products and services.
- Assist in providing measurable strategies to management including outlining scenarios, benefits, risks, and organizational change impact of each of those options
- Assist in performing hardware supply market analysis, supplier identification and outreach, RFI/P development and execution, online bidding, supplier response analysis and negotiation
- Collaborate with internal partners and assist in operational excellence and improvement in execution initiatives
- Lead process improvement initiatives and document processes.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of visual dashboards that track vendor costs, delivery and savings performance of hardware and commodities over time.
- Ensure business objectives are being met or exceeded, and strategic sourcing processes and systems are in compliance.
- Assist in handling purchase orders, invoice reconciliation and budget controls.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/Electronics/Electrical/Hardware Engineering or any other related engineering field
- Hardware Sourcing or Supply chain experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Open to work in an offshore model 9am-5 pm Eastern Standard Time with some flexibility based on projects supporting and leading stakeholders via video conferencing, audio conferencing, emails and chat.
- Master's degree in Business/Supply Chain/Electronics/Electrical/Hardware Engineering or any other related engineering field
- Quick learner and specialist negotiator
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Someone who over-communicates.
- Basic understanding of hardware areas like compute, storage, memory, network, integration etc.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to call out problems for any support needed for problem resolution
- Ability to coordinate with geographically dispersed engineering, finance and operations groups and remote management of team members based in other locations
- Someone who is thorough with the details and can perform work that involves digging-deep into problems, contracts and numbers
- A go-getter who is hungry to learn more! If this is you, apply soon!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.