Supply Chain & Business Operations Intern - ATG [Self-Driving]
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
About the Team
Our Global Supply Chain & Business Operations team is responsible for scaling technology and processes to deliver reliable and accessible transportation for the Uber platform. From strategic sourcing, manufacturing integration, strategic finance, supply chain data analytics, to site operations, this team scales it all for Uber ATG.
What You'll Do
- Maintain various projects simultaneously to make an informed and knowledgeable recommendation to the leadership team on implementing new processes and tools for improving the efficiency of the operations
- Continuously assess the Supply Chain operation requirements in order to suggest new projects, engage other team members to learn of the most impactful challenges, and seek out areas to improve efficiency and productivity
- Develop relationships across the organization to provide a collaborative solution for the project needs
- Learn routine maintenance and continual updates to these tools in order to maintain relevance
- Projects will include improving communication internally and externally, creating/maintaining databases for suppliers and contracts
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, in Supply Chain Management, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering or a related area with a graduation date no earlier than December 2021.
- Demonstrated supply chain experience through previous internships, work experience, projects, and/or clubs.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- Fast learner. You thrive on learning and creating innovative solutions on a collaborative team.
- Great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team. You support and encourage your teammates to excel. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter. You take initiative and enjoy getting into the details to resolve problems and draw out the best in others. You have integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.