Manager, M&A Finance and Integration
About the Role
The Manager role within this team is responsible for driving and leading acquisition integration related activities as it relates to components of the Accounting and Finance organization. This role is a high visibility role that requires leading several process workstreams through explorations, gap analysis, integration planning, execution, and problem solving. The ability to work collaboratively with workstream leads subject matter authorities to arrive at risk-based approaches related to tactical execution steps is required. In addition, the role requires a strong understanding and considerable experience (completion of at least 3 - 5 integrations) developing plans, completing and leading others to complete integration tasks. The role will report to the Director, M&A Finance and Integration.
What You'll Do
- Lead and coordinate the integration initiatives across the Finance, Accounting, and Tax organization
- Identify pre and post-acquisition action steps to define goals and execute the transaction integration
- Own the development of integration project plans and budgets, and support the everyday execution of integration activities
- Monitor of project status, identify and handle risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate Development, Strategic Finance, Accounting, Tax, Investor Relations, and Legal to provide financial insights and assess the company's overall progress towards its strategic objectives
- Identify and lead interdependencies between Finance and other functions (e.g. HR, FinTech etc.) to run integration execution
- Develop integration presentations as needed, with supporting data and stakeholder buy-in
- Present and facilitate cross-functional discussions to drive toward decision making, collaboration and overall understanding (varying level of detail based on audience)
- Support ad-hoc Finance initiatives related to M&A activities
- B.S. or B.A.
- Minimum 6+ years of experience
- Leading finance efforts on 3 - 5 transactions (planning, execution, team management etc.)
- Prior functional experience in an accounting, finance, or M&A function is highly preferred
- Project management and organization skills to lead multiple workstreams and projects simultaneously
- Ability to distill and communicate diligence findings and integration plans to others within the organization
- Analytical mentality that focuses on risk evaluation and mitigation
- Comfortable with navigating sophisticated decision points in order to ensure stakeholder consensus, problem solving & crafting creative solutions
- Proficiency with US GAAP accounting application (specific experience with Revenue Recognition, Business Combinations, Goodwill/Intangible Assets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an executive presence
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada