Product Designer - Rides Design Studio
Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About The Role
As a product designer in the Rides Design Studio, your number one job is to tackle user problems. You will work closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and UX researchers to iterate and build useful, usable, and delightful experiences that your team can launch. You'll engage across all stages of a project, using your skills in concepting, prototyping, service design, information design, workshop facilitation, and user research. As a T-shaped designer, you have at least one area in which you're an expert, but you can handle a broad range of tasks--from preparing assets for engineers, to leading design sprints. The role demands bold innovation, obsession with quality, fearlessness, and optimism to be inspired by the unknown!
You will be part of the Rides Design Studio that consists of the Rider design team, the Driver design team, and a set of horizontal product solutions that we call Foundations. You'll work among design-oriented engineers, product managers and outstanding designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. Our Design teams are focused not only on the functional but also on sparking happiness and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves.
What You'll Do
- Own design problems end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Build wireframes and prototypes to tackle difficult UX problems
- Obsess over the details
- Design systems to make simple, sophisticated experiences
- Work with product managers to define products (requirements, strategic functionality, bold bets)
- Identify future opportunities, working as a thought partner to the product, engineering, ops, and more senior-level product designers
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers, translating insights into product changes with impact
- Collaborate with engineers to get the fit and finish the team's design just right
- Ship, measure, and improve designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- Utilize Uber design patterns while evolving the framework to seek new use cases
- Brainstorm and iterate with your design colleagues to help raise the bar on the Uber experience
- 3+ Years of experience designing and shipping digital products across platforms
- A portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful UI and UX work
- A track record of shipping phenomenal design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Ability to tackle complex design problems for global markets
- Effective prototyping skills
- Experience with service design/systems thinking and integrating products/services across a platform
- Extensive knowledge of mobile and desktop design patterns (and when to break them)
- Collaborative working style, and an ability to partner with different functions
- Love of critique, knowledge sharing, and collaboration
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.