About the Role:
Uber critically depends on search, routing, and navigation services to power its business. The world's road systems, addresses, and places are always changing and consequently these services need to operate on the latest and most accurate map. The Map Data Services team's charter is to provide engineering and infrastructure solutions so that changes to the map are continuously ingested, verified and deployed to these services all the while serving hundreds of thousands of concurrent trips!
What You'll Do:
- Build solutions to help Uber ingest, validate, enrich and publish map data from third party providers
- Enhance systems to manage critical issues in maps such as Map task orchestration workflow, task prioritization and user generated content management system
- Develop Validation frameworks for ensuring map data is high fidelity
- Help build solutions that enable continuous map data deployments to live systems so that reported problems can be fixed in minutes
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in computer science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong software engineering skills, supported by 4+ years of proven experience in languages like Java, GO, or C++.
- You have experience with any of the following: scalable, distributed systems and services; distributed SQL/NoSQL data stores like MySQL, HBase, Cassandra, HDFS; Spark, EMR, S3; messages queues like Kafka; geo-replication and consistency/availability trade-offs; and service-oriented-architectures.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills; ability to influence others within your team and outside your team.
- Experience or passion for working on systems related to maps.
About the Team:
Our team is comprised of software engineers with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada