Sr. Machine Learning Engineer (Eats Logistics)
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our iOS and Android engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
Logistics enables the end-to-end Eats flow from the moment when an eater starts eyeballing the menu till the time when the order is handed over to the Eater. This team owns timeliness prediction, matching and fulfillment platform as well as custom-facing dispatch paradigms and experiences.
What You'll Do
- Translate real world problems into standard machine learning models.
- Develop high quality and scalable classification, regression or deep learning models.
- Develop scalable, reliable distributed systems.
- 3+ years of non-internship Machine Learning experience, or Artificial Intelligence
- 5+total years of non-internship relevant work or educational experience in software development, server architecture and distributed systems.
- Experience or educational background in any of the following is a plus: Deep Learning, Data Mining, Statistics, Mathematical optimizations, Microeconomics.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.