Product Manager - Risk Platform
About the Role
As a Product Manager, you'll lead a cross-functional team of engineers, analysts and data scientists, lead the product roadmap as the company grows across new businesses and markets around the world.
The role demands a background in product management, risk management, and building product platform features. The ability to operate in a highly technical environment, build sustainable products at scale while collaborating across many partners, and puzzle-solving and intuition.
What You'll Do
- Help build risk solutions and scalable distributed systems and technologies to enable Uber to grow its business globally
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the objectives of various risk teams and partners.
- Distill vision and strategy for the team, get all partners of cross-functional team aligned and motivated.
- Drive a cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Uber products and product features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of partner teams (engineering, data science, analysts, operations, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed findings back into the product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, product teams and other partnering teams across Uber.
What You'll Need
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in computer science or a quantitative domain plus hands-on software engineering and/or data science experience.
- 5+years experience delivering highly successful products with your fingerprints all over them - you're very proud of what you've accomplished.
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A "driver" personality - biased toward action, excellent collaborator and master at disambiguation/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness, never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Nimble with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to analyse data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-focused - examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Deep prior experience in risk, platform product management, or payments.
About the Team
We are a collaborative cross-functional team consisting of product managers, engineers, data scientists and analysts working together to handle risk at Uber effectively while enabling unprecedented growth. We are pioneering new techniques' every day to detect and counter bad actors all over the world who are constantly adapting and discovering new ways to abuse our platform.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.