Senior Compliance Officer, Payments
About the Role
Uber Payments BV (UPBV) is Uber's subsidiary in the European Economic Area processing all of Uber's payments under a licence from the Dutch Central Bank. As a licensed financial institution, we have exacting compliance obligations and this role is crucial for ensuring that these are met. If you feel this is the type of challenge you are looking for please reach out!
What You'll Do
As a Senior Compliance Officer, Payments, you will be responsible for supporting UPBV's Transaction Monitoring Program, which is crafted to identify, investigate and report suspicious transactions, from a money laundering and terrorist financing perspective. You will also be in charge of the Partner Risk Rating Model that provides insight into the Anti Money Laundering (AML) risk profiles of the parties involved in the financial transactions intermediated by UPBV. This information will then drive specific compliance policies and processes that we would need to implement.
- 5+ years of validated experience with financial services in payments compliance, in an anti-money laundering related role
- Proficient understanding of financial models development, implementation and monitoring
- Excellent data analytics skills
- Ownership, accountability and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to inspire change and solution oriented
- Outstanding communicator, quick problem solver & confident in decision making
- Independent & autonomous, while still a phenomenal teammate
- Hardworking, self-starting that thrives in changing, agile environments
- Professional proficiency in English, both written and spoken
About the Team
In the UPBV Compliance Team we are responsible for setting and implementing a policy framework to ensure compliance with relevant AML laws and regulations. We support initiatives of the larger Uber Group, co-operation is crucial with several Uber Technology Inc (UTI) and Uber B.V. (UBV) key clients!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.