Head of Business Development, Hong Kong & Taiwan
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life!
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale -- energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world!
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About the Role
As Head of Business Development for HK and TW, you'll have the opportunity to shape and deliver a plan to scale usage of the Uber platform (mobility and delivery) among hundreds of millions of consumers in the region.
Your responsibilities will include leading the Business Development team for HK & TW and driving vital business relationships at the C-level to establish partnerships that (1) accelerate the growth of Uber users; (2) increase supply available on the Uber platform, (3) increase Uber's profitability and (4) accelerate Uber's platform strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a key member of the Uber Business Development team in helping to drive the overall plan in the region
- Define the Uber Hong Kong & Taiwan partnership roadmap
- Set a strategic business development plan for Hong Kong & Taiwan target markets and ensure it's in line with the overall Uber strategic direction
- Execute on Uber's top partnership opportunities in Hong Kong & Taiwan, working with key internal partners (e.g. product, engineering, operations, legal, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach and efficiently communicate the specific value proposition for the partner's business and use case
- Prepare and give business reviews to Uber senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption of Uber by riders and driver-partners
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of our company
What You Need to Know/Have:
- At least 10+ years of experience leading deals and teams (ideally in Hong Kong and/or Taiwan).
- Experience with building, maintaining, and utilizing C-level relationships at partner companies
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multidimensional deals
- Strong people management skills - you are a motivational leader who can drive unified results across a diverse region
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal, cross-functional teams as well as external organizations
Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Opportunity
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.