Staff Engineer - Uber Eats - Search and Discovery
About the Role
The Eats Discovery team is responsible for the serving, ranking and end to end experience of Home-Feed and Search functionalities in Uber Eats.
The team's mission is to craft a reliable, personalized and delightful discovery experience for all delivery occasions. As the world moves towards increased adoption of delivery services, we believe that effortless discovery will be one of the biggest product differentiators in the years to come.
The Discovery group has 4 charters:
- Relevance: Feed, menu and ordering-cart relevance, multi objective ranking
- Search: Query formulation, understanding, semantic search, search relevance
- Platform: Scalability, availability, app-responsiveness
- Experience: Feed, Search and Browse UX across all mobile platforms
The team is looking for someone with deep experience in large scale Applied ML (Recommender systems, Search, Ads, Content relevance etc.) who can take our Ranking and Personalization efforts to the next level while working across all the above charters and many partner teams.
Checkout some of our work here - https://eng.uber.com/tag/eats-discovery/
- Substantive (5+ years) hands-on experience with machine learning
- Good product intuition, ML intuition and communication skills
- Solid understanding of large scale system architecture and infrastructure
- Ability to collaborate with many different parter teams (both upstream and downstream)
- Machine Learning experience
- Platform Engineering experience: Scalability, availability, app-responsiveness
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.