Localization Program Manager
About the Role
Uber is seeking for an experienced localization project/program manager to help us grow localization needs following the strategy to centralize processes. In this role, you will work with Product, Design, Content, Engineering, HQ and Regional Operation teams as a partner for localization, to ensure timely & high linguistic quality for global & regional launches.
What You'll Do
- You will handle end-to-end localization of Uber products across all supported languages including initial planning & consultation, delivery of localized content, LQAs, and bug routing
- Run localization of product-related comms with various assets (survey, website, SMS, in-app messaging, etc) across all regions.
- Act as the primary localization partner to all cross-functional peers related to the product, explain localization cycles for various content types, and ensure global launches are timely with a high degree of linguistic quality
- Develop & maintain key relationships with peers at HQ, regional, and city-levels.
- Proactively lead internal and cross-functional initiatives to identify areas for process improvements across the Product and Operations areas
- Identify Localization tool & process gaps and work with Localization Operations to enable better support
- Work closely with localization vendors to ensure smooth execution of tasks
- Review and influence product requirement documents (PRDs/RFCs) related to Tools and Systems that can improve modernization (g11n) across Uber
- Work on product roll-outs with PM and Engineering teams, tool improvements/automation, and tech planning
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Confirmed experience with of localization project/program management experience within the high-tech industry on the client-side
- Self-directed - ability to take initiative in identifying and solving large problems
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart the direction of projects/program, ability to run operations at scale
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills and the ability to lead multiple and diverse partners across businesses and leadership levels
- Experience using CAT tools to run localization pipeline & workflows (e.g. Idiom WorldServer, Memsource)
- Experience leading localization of diversified types of content such as UI, HC, Marketing & Legal
- Be proficient in technical processes (e.g. Share internationalization i18n standard methodologies, advise Product/Engineers on best practices for l10n QA/testing, run and handle linguistic QA processes)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.