Sr Software Engineer - Product Intelligence
About the Role
Join the Product Intelligence team, we are building an Uber-wide platform and ecosystem to handles the full life cycle of mission-critical metrics and produces machine features to our most impactful products (Eats, Marketplace, Driver, Rider, Eats) for their business intelligence tools and ML models.
We are seeking top talents to scale our services between a growing suite of ML models and a number of different frontend applications serving a variety of users!
What you'll do:
- Be a link between engineering and the business, enabling insight that can empower day to day decision-making.
- You'll engineer efficient, adaptable, and scalable data pipelines to process structured & unstructured data
- Enable smart analytics by building robust, reliable, and useful data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering, etc
- Work extensively with machine learning engineers across Uber to build the next generation of feature engineering solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Experienced with microservice architecture SaaS. Proven background in backend engineering work and building and maintaining RESTful services.
- BS and 7+ years of relevant work experience, or MS and 5+ years of relevant work experience, or Ph.D. and 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the big data technologies (Spark, Flink, Map/Reduce, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Presto, Airflow, Luigi, Kafka, Avro, Parquet, etc.)
- Extensive experience with large-scale distributed systems, such as batch/streaming big-data processing, and machine-learning serving and training infra at scale
- Deep understanding of technical and functional designs for databases, reporting, and data mining areas as well as experience developing machine learning and decision systems
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together!
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe, Middle East & Africa
United States & Canada