Product Manager-II, Customer Obsession
About the Role
When figuring out to do, we start with what is best for our customers. That can be hard, but we refuse to settle. Instead, we innovate to deliver magical experiences for drivers, riders, eaters, and businesses using the Uber platform. Many companies talk about being customer- focused, but we are customer-obsessed. We are committed to figuring out what matters to our customers and then doing everything in our power to deliver it.
As a Product Manager for Customer Obsession, you will be responsible for the strategy and development of self-service and proactive support systems to deliver exceptional customer experiences across mobile, web, phone, and in-person engagement platforms for Eaters, Couriers, Restaurants and Businesses using Uber.
You will be using best of breed technologies, and latest machine learning, data science techniques, and design thinking to accomplish this at a scale that has never been done before in the industry.
What You'll Do
- Deliver automated solutions for Uber Eats customers to self-serve and solve issues across mobile, web, IVR and in-person engagement platforms
- Work closely with a massive global Community Operations organization to build efficient and scalable customer support experiences
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team
- Distill vision and strategy for the team to get all members of the cross-functional team aligned and engaged
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, user behavior or other business metrics. Solicit and welcome critical feedback.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new features to deliver against team and company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross- functional team (engineering, design, data science, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan, including phasing and rollout.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technical and business insights and experimentation results.
- Monitor and measure launched products and feed insights back into the product development process to drive growth
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
This role demands real passion for the customer, great technical depth, principled thinking, well-honed product judgment, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, a high design bar and a mentality of starting with the customer first and working backwards.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or other technical degree equivalent
- Excellent understanding of Mobile development and UX data-driven decision-making ability
- Strong data analysis skills
- Experience with ML, NLP, AI, Chatbot a significant plus
- Proven experience of 4+ years of delivering highly successful web or mobile products with your signature all over them
- A "driver" personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- High standards across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Grittiness: You don't hesitate to take initiative and address something hands-on, you persevere when others give up.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A deep desire to grow and learn
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.