2021 - Strategic Finance Development Program Analyst - University Grad
About the Role
This role is to join our Strategic Finance Development Program (SFDP) at Uber. Especially geared toward recent graduates who have a passion for learning all aspects of Finance business partnership and financial planning. You will be part of the team supporting Uber's different lines of businesses, being in a unique position with visibility into the overall global business. This will allow you to get your career started by learning from seasoned business leaders as well as leaders in Finance. You will be driving and supporting our company-wide financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts; with input on every single area of the business. You'll also have the opportunity to turn these insights into initiatives, running with them and helping drive strategic decisions to help the business perform more efficiently and at scale.
So if you're ready to go deep, work on a rewarding set of challenges and seek exposure to breadth of businesses, functions, and skill sets - get in touch!
The SFDP is a two-year rotational program providing a breadth of core financial and analytical skills that will serve an excellent foundation for a career in finance and strategic business partnering. The program is based at our San Francisco headquarters includes exposure to three areas of our business. There may also be potential to work on an international assignment in one of our international hub offices.
Upon completion, SFDPs move into non-rotating Associate roles within Uber.
What You'll Do
- Financial Planning: work closely with the Strategic Finance team on financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models,and break complex models down into components that consolidate
- Execution excellence: Partner with your team to execute on projects and operationalize our insights
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Special projects and deal support
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Currently enrolled in a BBA Program or similar (anticipated graduation in Spring/Summer 2021) with a concentration in Finance or Accounting
- Leadership positions in extracurricular groups or activities
- Prior analytical internship experience in investment banking, management consulting or corporate finance
- Strong working knowledge of enter enterprise-level financial planning systems and/or SQL
- Exceptional communication skills, growth mindset, ability to take ownership and execute
- Thrive in a dynamic, changing environment
- Demonstrated passion and interest in analytics, planning and business insights
- Exceptional analytical skills and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to structure effective presentations
About the Team
The Strategic Finance team is a global and inclusive team that excels at combining strategy and real numbers. We are partners and leaders helping to set the financial and strategic direction of the company.
We are embedded in all the global businesses and functions of Uber, setting the financial plans and operating cadence. However, our work really begins when the plans are set. We proactively connect the dots, set the course, and help the company deliver on its goals.
We also don't just say how it is. We are part of the team that finds and implements the solutions to our biggest challenges.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.