Senior Product Manager - Uber Direct
About the Role
As the Product Manager for Uber Direct, you will oversee one of Uber's fastest growing independent lines of business: "delivery as a service" that provides merchants around the world with access to Uber's best in class logistics network so they can offer instant local delivery to their customers. As an example, sweetgreen, the fast casual salad chain in the US, currently uses Uber Direct to power orders that originate on their mobile app or website. And it's not just for the big brands. A small cake shop can leverage Uber Direct during COVID to deliver quarantine cakes to their customers too.
Uber Direct currently sits at the intersection of many teams at Uber including Uber Rides, Uber Eats, Uber for Business (U4B) and Uber Freight. You will be responsible for the product vision and strategic decisions that impact multiple lines of business and will require a deep understanding of each team's technology visions, user requirements and business priorities.
The role will also be cross-cutting across all sides of the Uber marketplace (merchant, courier, marketplace and the end customer, whether business or consumer). This includes everything from setting pricing strategy to ensuring the right level of courier supply to managing delivery reliability and building unique features such as delivery insurance. Since we are effectively creating a completely new business model, you will also be collaborating with Uber platform teams to solve for foundational areas like regulatory compliance, tax, invoicing, billing and entities.
You will be leading the product strategy for this team and working with a broad set of cross-functional stakeholders across business development, sales, operations, data science, design, engineering and more.
What you'll do
The Uber Direct world is vast and we are only just getting started. This is a representative sampling of the areas you might be tackling on the team:
- Empower anybody - consumers, SMB businesses, large enterprises across any Uber line of business - to create their first Uber Direct trip within minutes
- Build Uber Direct to be the most reliable logistics network available while maintaining and enhancing marketplace reliability
- Enable the global expansion of Uber Direct including all regulatory, money, pricing and other requirements
- Build the infrastructure to support non-food item deliveries including more flexible delivery windows, delivery insurance, vehicle and handling requirements
- Create a sustainable and differentiated end customer offering that makes delivery powered by Uber a ubiquitous product anyone can access when shopping on their favorite sites
- Minimum 4+ years of product management experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
- You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience.
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for the Eats group at Uber
- Passionate about building businesses, not features. Entrepreneurial experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- You tackle complex product challenges and simplify them to avoid making them our users and partner's problems
- Experience building products from 0-1
- Owning and leading strategy for line of business
- Over 6 years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.