Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning, Targeting & Personalization
Marketing data science informs decisions across Uber's global marketing efforts, accelerating both demand and supply growth worldwide. We leverage advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques in a scalable manner including large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our data science team to solve interesting and impactful business problems in the domain of marketing analytics and ad tech. In specific, the candidate will be part of the Targeting and Personalization team. Ideal candidates need to have strong curiosity on data, and demonstrable ability to successfully apply rigorous scientific methods with proficiency in data science knowledge and technical capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills and have a direct impact on global business.
What You'll Do
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research
- Use models to address key growth challenges and provide meaningful insights on problems in Targeting and Personalization including user uplift modeling, recommendations, personalized promotions and targeting optimization etc
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and improve analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations
- Use large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber's proprietary machine learning platform, and more
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product and engineering teams
- Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, partner meetings, data prioritization meetings, etc
- Build tools and products that will optimize each part of the marketing funnel (from prospecting to sign up to early user to active user and churn), as well as to support budget planning, measurement, attribution, targeting, cross-sell/up-sell, paid channel optimization, and segmentation for core Uber businesses globally
- 2+ years of work experience in applying advanced analytics or machine learning for paid marketing data science
- Expertise with Python and/or R
- Advanced SQL skills - comfortable working with very large data sets
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization)
- Master's or PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- Previous experience in advertising tech (e.g. market response modeling, forecasting, attribution, targeting, 3rd party data integration, and etc) is a plus
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Organized and have the ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to multitask and be a great teammate
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Passion for Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.