Sr. Software Engineer - Platform and Tools - Self Driving
About the Role
In this role, you will work with the Developer Experience team to build state-of-the-art large scale development tools and platforms for end to end delivery workflows, supporting web development, embedded system development, machine learning, simulation and autonomy.
In addition, you will drive technology initiatives end-to-end, across multiple layers of architecture, collaborate with multiple teams, gather requirements, develop specifications, resolve complex technical problems, lead a team of engineers, demonstrate technical leadership, and mentor junior engineers.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience building automation tools, services, and/or platforms that enable other engineers
- Strong command of version control systems and policies; well versed in the pitfalls of using version control at scale, particularly with regards to git and GitHub
- Designing, launching, and running services in AWS to support a complex and rapidly growing software engineering org
- Deep knowledge of scalable continuous integration processes and tooling, such as Jenkins or BuildKite
- Experience building and working with software testing and improvement tools including: testing frameworks, sanitizers, linters, etc.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.