Central Operations Sr. Manager, Consumer Platform LATAM
About the Role
Uber is expanding beyond Rides into Eats, Uber 4 Business, etc and shifting towards a platform strategy. As such, we're building a Platform team in Latin America to craft the platform offering and further engage our consumers. This new operations team at Uber covers a broad directive of platform engagement programs, with the overall objective of ensuring Uber is the most engaging way to get you wherever you need to be.
You will be responsible for leading and managing these programs focused on executing against our overall objective. We are driven by innovation and experimentation. You will play a crucial role in ensuring your program is successful, working closely with senior leadership, product, marketing and local teams. This is an outstanding opportunity to be a key part of one of our "big bold bets" for 2020 and to see a tangible impact from your work to the business and the external world!
What You'll Do
- Define our LATAM strategy for consumer platform programs
- Work with our cross-functional partners to unblock any restrictions for launching the programs and align them towards the recommended strategy
- Design experiments to measure the program's impact
- Evaluate program results and make/execute optimizations accordingly
- Document failed experiments and playbook successful experiments for potential regionalization
- Communicate program strategy, design, experiments, results and optimizations to our multiple partners
- Influence partners as needed to align them towards a single recommendation
What You'll Need
- Master problem solver! Develops frameworks for sophisticated problems where no standards exist today and engages specialists for feedback and integrate it effectively
- Able to develop highly meaningful solutions for complex problems and drive implementation across the organisation
- Strategic problem solver and operator who is able to identify, size and prioritize new opportunities whilst also thinking about the operational impacts and considerations
- An interest on the next wave of innovation at Uber
- Excellent eye for business. Understand how to drive consumer engagement across multiple products.
- Comfortable project managing the rollout of large initiatives across the region which require cross-functional teamwork across operations, product, cities, marketing, legal and tax
- Strong communication and comfort sharing information formally or informally with senior audiences. Able to articulate a clear vision and areas of strategic focus
- Phenomenal interpersonal skills. Work autonomously and own and complete projects
- Highly analytical, Python, SQL or R strongly recommended
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.