2021 Strategic Finance Development Program Internship
About the Role
Uber's Strategic Finance team is uniquely positioned to have transparency into Uber's overall global business and to use financial & operational data to reach insights others might not be able to make. The team is responsible for working closely with cross-functional teams to support with financial planning, tracking key financial metrics, driving efficiency, and making product and business recommendations.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support one of our high growth businesses and use insights to help Uber prioritize initiatives and reach conclusions. As part of the summer program, your deliverable will be a business recommendation to the Strategic Finance Leadership team.
**Please submit a brief cover letter describing your interest in the role and what makes you a extraordinary candidate**
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with our Global distributed team that supports the Rides, Eats, NeMo, Freight or Corporate business
- Work cross-functionally across the organization to develop financial forecasts and operational goals
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
- Build intricate financial models from scratch, improve existing models, and break complex models down into component parts
- Lead initiatives that globally optimize our different product P&Ls
- Help us scale / transition from startup to enterprise
- Engage with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Currently enrolled in a BS/BA or MS/MA program (anticipated graduation in 2022) in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a similar field
- Basic knowledge of GAAP and experience with Excel
- Minimum 1 year of involvement in extracurricular groups, activities, or internship opportunities
- Prior analytical internship experience in the technology industry, including FP&A, investment banking, management consulting or private equity
- Leadership positions in any extracurricular activities
- Proven understanding of GAAP, enterprise-level financial planning systems, SQL, and/or statistical software packages
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to structure effective presentations
- Attention to detail and ability to execute in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter - you take initiative, set goals, and meet them
About the Team
We are a global and expansive team that excels at combining strategy and real numbers. We are partners and leaders helping to set the financial and strategic direction of the company.
We are embedded in all the global businesses and functions of Uber, setting the financial plans and operating cadence. However, our work really begins when the plans are set. We proactively connect the dots, set the course, and help the company deliver on its goals!
We also don't just say how it is. We are members of the team that finds and implements the solutions to our biggest challenges.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.