COE Specialist II
Uber Centers of Excellence (COEs) are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and driver-partners 24/7. At our COEs, we hire Community Support Representatives, Managers, and many other important roles to support business needs and continued growth.
About the Role
The Incident Response Team (IRT) handles safety concerns that come up on the Uber platform. The IRT L3/L4 team works and manages all complex and critical incidents of this nature. The team is now looking for folks who can contribute to this by helping our clients involved in a safety incident. Aside from safety incidents, you will be in charge of handling and solving rider and driver escalations.
The role requires someone who can own and be accountable for a complete incident and not just a contact.
The team does not deal with issues such as cancellation and route, but more in terms of a rider being in an accident or a partner being assaulted.
What You'll Do
- Provide world-class customer support through emails and phone calls for companies and their employees
- Work on critical safety incidents reported by riders and driver-partners.
- Detail all incidents on JIRA (The safety incident reporting feature)
- Collaborate with stakeholders and work towards any solution ideal for the incident.
- Look into data on a WoW basis to check for trends and in improving the support we provide.
- Handle Social Media Escalations when someone reports on Facebook/Twitter regarding an incident where their safety was compromised.
- Handle high-value clients who were on the receiving end of a driver-partners wrong behavior.
- Help in improving processes, so we always optimize for better customer experience. This involves communicating with high-value clients and eye to retention in times of problems for the clients and companies
- Contribute to building the team and the organization for long term success
- At least 1-2 years of experience in the customer service industry
- Spoken and written English with the ability to speak fluently in Japanese.
- Preferably have handled a voice account.
- Willingness to work in shifts (rotating day/night shifts, rotating weekend offs, working during public holidays -- total working hours will be 40 hours a week, 5 days, 8 working hours each day)
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.