Senior Software Engineer - Uber Eats - Eater Growth
About the Role
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have doubled our gross bookings!
Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's most beloved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in as a founding member of something big. Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
- 5+ years of experience with systems software engineering. Sound understanding of computer architecture and CS fundamentals.
- Proficient in one of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Go, Python, C/C++.
- Detailed problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- 2+ year of experience in building large scale product or data systems
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with tracking systems
- Experience handling complex problems at scale
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our hyper-growth environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.