Senior Software Engineer, Uber Money / Uber Cash
About the Team
Financial Products Platform team builds the core technology that powers Uber's financial products like Uber Cash (digital wallet), gift cards, credit cards, etc. We build core services that move and track money at Uber scale with extremely high reliability. As a platform engineer, you will be lead building highly scalable and reliable services to support the entire range of financial products.
About the Role
As a backend engineer, you will lead building highly scalable and reliable services to support financial products (financial ledger, Uber Cash, debit cards, credit cards, etc). You will help define the vision and architecture to support current and future needs of the platform. You will work closely with product and platform teams to support financial products.
What You'll Do
- Design and architect the financial products platform ensuring high reliability and low latency
- Build highly performant distributed systems
- Work with internal and external partners to build common abstractions that will work across a range of partnerships and products.
- Lead and mentor the team for high engineering standards
- Collaborate with legal, operations, risk and other cross functional teams to ensure that money movements are reliable, compliant and fully auditable.
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics, or related field
- Experience coding with Java, Python, or Go
- Strong problem solving and coding skills
- Experience with developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- Experience with Software Development processes such as design, planning, implementation, maintenance & documentation
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Passion for learning new technologies, domains, and challenging the status quo.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline
- Expertise in one of the languages such as Java/C++/Python
- Sound knowledge about database concepts such as transactions, indexing, concurrency
- Experience building high availability distributed systems
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and solve them
- Payment/finance experience is a plus, but not mandatory
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.