Sr Software Engineer - Web, Merchant Integration
About the Role
The Merchant Integration team's responsibility is to scalably grow our Uber Eats & Uber Direct partner ecosystem by improving: the utility of our products; our partner onboarding systems; and our developer platform. Impact is in globally scaling the number of stores and locations we have seamlessly integrated with our systems - improving our customer experience; and unlocking business value for all our partners.
- Autonomous full-stack engineer working across many different product teams & code bases to propose; build and roll-out new features & systems.
- Work with global business leads and the market to identify and scope out opportunities for product and process improvements, weighing up shorter and longer-term solutions.
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique exponential growth requirements. You stay up to date with the latest architectural trends and have experience building systems for scale.
- You have knowledge of a backend stack (some examples include: Java, Node.js, Python, Redis, Kafka, Golang or similar).
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next exciting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our hyper-growth environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.