Engineering Manager II
About the Role
The Motion Planning team at Uber ATG is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team who can impact through organizing the work of others and leading cross-team efforts to improve Self-Driving technology. Working at the intersection of technology and people, you will balance long-term direction, health of the team, and individual careers of team members to ensure success in all these dimensions.
What You'll Do
- Lead teams to improve ATG's motion planner to make safe, fast, and efficient decisions.
- Develop innovative strategies to safely test autonomy and implement frameworks to measure, analyze, and track system performance
- Responsible to manage a team of at least 10 and work closely with recruiting to evaluate candidates and grow the team
- Responsible for professional growth of team members and maintaining overall team health
- Learn from world-renowned practitioners of robotics, mapping, perception, logistics, machine learning, motion planning, mobile communications, and other fields
- See your work deployed fast and often into the real world and stretch yourself as you switch from one tough problem to another
- Benefit from working at a dynamic startup inside an established, well-capitalized company
- 7+ years of experience in autonomous systems, motion planning, robotics or related field
- 2+ years of management experience building and growing teams
- Experience with system integration and testing
- Experience with software development best practices
- MS or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics or related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in autonomous systems, motion planning, robotics or related field
- Exposure to automotive functional safety standards such as ISO 26262
- Experience defining technical requirements based on safety and business needs
- Experience developing production-level code in C++ and python
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.