Sr. Backend Engineer, Uber Eats (Courier)
About the Role
Today, Eats is the largest food delivery company in the world (excluding China) and Delivery accounts for 70% of our Uber's Gross Bookings. All this and we're only 5 years old. Think start up opportunity with larger company stability.
How would you help us drive our growth, scale selection and build on our new delivery model? At Uber you'll see the tangible impact of the work you deliver, you'll get the opportunity to work with high performing colleagues and you'll drive industry leading change.
Eats is live in 6,000 cities globally in 45 countries across 6 continents.
What You'll Do
- Navigation and Wayfinding experiences to enable couriers to easily find their way and complete pickups/dropoffs
- Real-time messaging and Reliability features to ensure that 100% of orders get completed
- Scalable task platform to allow couriers to do all kinds of different jobs
- You'll partner and work with other engineers on the team, and also work closely with Product managers, designers, data scientists and operations teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding with C++, Java, Python, or Go
- Engineering experience in hands-on software development with thoughtfulness of scale, latency and distributed architecture
- Must have deep knowledge of data structure and algorithms and an ability to use them practically when implementing solutions
- Knowledge of data-driven architecture and systems design
- Preferred Qualifications
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- A great teammate and owner- willing to take on ownership of the systems, and think about operations, maintenance and reliability of his/her systems
- Proven experience of shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.