Sr. Manager, ATG Talent Acquisition
About the Role
The team at Uber prides itself on the amazing brand it's built. The driver behind all growth, the bold and disruptive brand and the game changing technology the company has brought to market is the people that make Uber, Uber. Delivering a first class, on-demand transportation experience takes a critical eye for quality, and Uber is looking for a leader who has the same critical eye. The recruitment team must be able to find the diamonds in the rough, maintain quality and hire fast.
This position is the Head of Recruiting for Uber ATG. As the ATG division is highly independent, has its own CEO and leadership team, it's critical that this individual is capable of driving an independent TA strategy and knows how to partner with a leadership team to plan and recruit for nuanced business situations. This individual will lead a distributed team of dedicated talent acquisition professionals to further meet the needs of ATG as they scale and build technologies of the future.
Delivering a global, premier, on-demand experience takes a passionate team effort, and Uber is seeking a leader who can drive the ATG talent acquisition team to scalability and thrive in an incredibly productive, high-output environment. The ideal candidate will have experience growing and leading technical recruiting teams and will know when to toss out old methods and take chances to make it work.
What You'll Do
- Shape and develop teams of sourcers and recruiters to support the growth of Uber ATG and Global Technical Recruiting. Continuously hold a high hiring bar and drive process improvement for hiring various technical teams including engineering, product and design
- Partner closely with Uber ATG's leadership team to set a creative and class-leading recruiting strategy that accurately mirrors the goals of the business
- Manage, develop and grow the ATG talent acquisition team. This individual will be a natural mentor who can bring others along and increase their capabilities
- Passionately drive results, think and act quickly, operate long-term and in the best interest of company goals
- Ensure a fantastic candidate experience for all -you will build teams and protocols with phenomenal candidate experience as a crucial priority
- Use data to inform hiring decisions for your team, improving capacity models for the year based on approved headcount
- Think innovatively to drive results: this unique company and brand needs equally innovative strategies to hit goals. Scalability and sustainability are key success metrics
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Technical Recruiting or equivalent, and experience leading large technically focused teams
- BA degree or equivalent experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or similar preferred
- 10+ years of technical recruiting experience
- 3+ years experience leading technical teams
- Excellent command of data and analytics and proven success in data driven organizations; proficient in using data to guide decisions and change
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, and deploying top talent at all levels
- Experience managing TA managers and/or leads
- Ability to partner with a wide variety of clients, including senior level business leaders and seasoned professional candidates within the engineering organization
- Understands the process of attracting and retaining the brightest minds from all backgrounds, while cultivating the power of a diverse organization
- Ability to balance the role of strategist with urgency while simultaneously managing delivering results in a growing and very fast-paced environment
About the Team
In People & Places, we handle all things people-related so our employees around the globe are empowered to do their best work. Our Talent Acquisition teams find, attract, and hire the world's greatest minds to join Uber.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.