Associate, Strategic Finance
About the Role
In this role, you will be supporting Uber's Strategic Finance SouthCone/ACAC, being in a unique position with visibility into one of the most important markets for Uber worldwide. You will be analyzing the business, helping delivering targets and decision making process, establishing ROI process among territories, and making deep dives to fully understand and drive business levers. This position will be key to influence other finance individuals and business people to understand and link strategy with numbers. You will be driving and supporting our financial planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis efforts; . You'll also have the opportunity to help driving decisions in a more efficient manner. So if you're ready to go deep, working on a rewarding set of challenges and if you've got the finance skills, experience, and passion - get in touch!
What You'll Do
- Business partnerships - work closely with finance within Latam region to develop financial forecasts, provide insights as it relates to financial performance and drivers within SouthCone/ACAC.
- Financial planning - support the monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-range planning processes
- Work closely with accounting and marketing teams to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Reporting - report out & analysis across 14 countries, as well as underlying drivers of performance for the whole region
- Variance analysis - conduct monthly variance analysis, and identify risk, opportunities, and mitigation measures
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making process
- Financial modeling - build models from scratch, improve existing models,
- Adhoc analysis: run adhoc analysis to help uncover growth opportunities, cost efficiencies, or ways to further mitigate risks
- Be creative, adaptive, and eager to learn new technical skill sets
- Be a change agent, and good at influencing people within the organization to meet deadlines and requirements
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or similar with excellent academic record
- At least 2 years** in (Investment) Banking / Consulting / Accounting / Corporate Finance or operational FP&A
- Elite Excel skills: you're an expert with Excel. Best practices are second-nature, your models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive. You can handle extreme complexity but strive for beautiful simplicity.
- Attention to detail, balanced with swift execution: we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging and this should be a strength of yours
- Excellent communication and people skills: you have to build relationships with many stakeholders, both inside and outside of the Finance organization
- Team player: this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment, and your team will be dispersed across Latam
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.