HR Business Partner, Global Legal
Our HR Business Partners work with our client groups to align people strategies with business goals and help drive the greatest impact through people. We drive seamless execution of HR processes and programs, prepare the talent of today for the business needs of tomorrow, and champion our culture.
About the Role
We're looking for an exceptional HRBP to join our HRBP team and support our Global Legal organization of ~700 employees. In this role, you'll partner directly with the global legal leadership team to build out and execute on a comprehensive people strategy; have a deep focus on org health, key metrics, and organizational design; and roll-out P&P programs and initiatives. You'll work closely with legal colleagues across central teams as well as regional HRBPs to provide robust people support and thought-partnership to the Legal org and leadership team.
What You'll Do
- Act as the main HR partner for our Global Legal leadership team to develop and execute both a short- and long-term talent strategy that directly supports and enables the business' objectives
- Coach, advise, and influence the leadership team and managers throughout the org
- Partner with business leaders to implement the most effective and optimized organizational structures, with an eye for longer-term growth and stability
- Drive succession planning and talent development strategies for the organization, identifying critical roles and preparing potential talent and pipelines mentoring, training, etc.
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure high quality implementation of critical HR operating rhythms such as performance management and compensation planning, leveraging resources as appropriate
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent
- Be a problem solver and deep-thinker. Balance quick execution with longer-term scale & optimization. Be flexible and able to quickly pivot based on immediate business needs, but also have an eye for how to best build and scale for the longer-term
- Minimum 7+ years of professional experience in HRBP related areas
- Deep understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- Demonstrated experience in coaching and advising senior leadership on strategic initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies
- Unquestioned integrity; resolve, presence, and sureness
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. Proficiency in making timely, effective, ethics-based decisions
- Tenacity, ability to roll up sleeves and experience building from the ground up
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.