Sr Data Analyst - Freight Marketplace
About the Role
The Uber Freight Marketplace Dynamics team is responsible for the health of a two-sided trucking marketplace. As a Sr. Data Analyst on the team, you will build frameworks, proactively surface insights, and develop monitoring to guide and communicate our product and algorithm development. Working alongside data scientists, engineers, and product managers, you will make sure that data is properly instrumented, validated, analyzed, and presented in order to make data-informed decisions. Along with demonstrating technical and analytical skills, you will manage stakeholders to drive consensus.
What you'll do
- Generate ideas for exploratory analysis to shape product and algorithm development
- Leverage data to perform intensive analysis across all areas of our marketplace to drive product development and business strategy
- Instrument events and develop metrics and dashboards to monitor our performance
- Contribute to experiment design and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Perform rigorous statistical analysis to understand the relationship between various marketplace factors that influence key outcomes
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, and marketing
- Present findings to senior management to drive product decisions
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field - engineering, economics, statistics or similar.
- 3+ year of relevant experience
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Python or R data analysis tools
- Proficiency with Tableau or other dashboard building tool
- Comfort with statistical concepts
- Experience conducting experiment analysis
- Laser-focused on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Responsible and reliable to the people you work with - this is a team effort!
- Growth mindset. You seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team.
- Project management savvy. You demand the best from your peers to get joint projects done well.
- Responsiveness. You deliver timely, digestible answers to complex tasks.
- 5+ year of relevant experience
- Master's degree in a technical field - engineering, economics, statistics or similar.
- Experience in marketplace, revenue management, or pricing
- Experience designing experiments
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.