2021 UberSTAR Internship Program
About the Role
The Summer Technology cAreer Readiness Program (STAR) at Uber is a 12-week paid internship for undergraduate freshmen and rising sophomores. This program is for current college students interested in working in technology and full-time opportunities with Uber.
UberSTAR is a program open to all eligible students and is especially committed to exposing students historically underrepresented in this field to career opportunities in the industry. Students from all schools and students who identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry, including but not limited to Black, Hispanic, Native American, students with disabilities, veterans are encouraged to apply.
As an UberSTAR, you'll have a direct impact on the customer experience for both riders and drivers. Do you like our service and want to bring them to the next level? Do you have a beef with our app and want to fix it? Then you should apply to join our team. We are results-oriented, engaged, and passionate about reinventing the transportation industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities. Outside of your work, you will be building significant relationships with other STARS and Uber mentors through a variety of summer activities. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Must have completed an introductory Computer Science course.
- Must be freshman (1st year) or sophomore (2nd year) year class standing at the time of application.
- Proven software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Programming experience one or more application or systems languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience building tools/infrastructure
- A desire to be part of a team that delivers impactful results every day
- Dedication to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for your work
- Ability to learn new languages and methodologies
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.