Uber Freight Product Specialist
About the Role
Trucks move everything you buy, why shouldn't booking a truck be as magnificent as booking an Uber? Uber Freight is seeking analytics-driven, program managers who aren't afraid to tackle the difficult, complex, and profitable business of trucking and turn it into something simple, thoughtful, and magical.
The fundamental goal of Uber Freight's Product Operations Team is to ensure we create the right products to move our business forward. A Freight Product Specialist acts as the Uber Freight Operations Team advocate throughout the product process. They will work closely with cross-functional partners on both our Operations and Tech Team to surface, prioritize, test, rollout and iterate on products.
Marketplace Dynamics - Our team focuses on the interaction between Carriers and Shippers through crafting efficient pricing, networking, and booking experiences replete with bidding and algorithm-based recommendations. We seek to not only handle but predict the marketplace. In doing so, we build intuitive channels to meet Shippers where they are and to offer Carriers the best options for managing loads daily, weekly, and seasonally. Marketplace Dynamics helps differentiate Uber Freight from the competition by executing a multi-layered pricing strategy that scales the business while fostering both Shipper and Carrier relationships.
What You'll Do
- Maintain regular communications with key team members across the Operations and Tech orgs
- Ensure functional partners are aligned on key objectives for the program / product
- Provide data-driven justifications throughout the product prioritization process
- Collaborate with vital team members (legal, tax, policy, support etc) to prepare product for launch
- Supervise core business metrics related to the product
- Surface and advocate for key insights from the business to advise product improvements
- 2+ years experience in business operations, strategy, product, or similar role (e.g. consulting, finance)
- Strong analytical abilities
- Project or functional leadership experience
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to engage internal and external customers
- Experience working on scrum or agile cross functional teams
- Highly skilled and capable in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or similar tabulated/cell products
- Ability to pull and analyze data to advise critical decisions through SQL
- Familiarity with R and/or Python
- Ability to scope, prioritize, and run end-to-end programs/projects/products
- MBA or a Master's Degree in an analytical field
- Effective prioritization
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Strategic alignment, able to bring key team members across functions together
- Experience presenting and thought partnering with leadership: Directors, VPs, C-suite executives
- Experience with product development
- Experience with Jira / ticketing system
- Deep understanding of the user experience, UX design
- A desire to learn, highly motivated self-starter, with an eagerness to learn and grow
- Freight industry knowledge is a big plus!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.