2021 Software Engineering Intern - ATG [Self-Driving]
About the Role
At Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, Seattle, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Our Software Engineering team has a fascinating, diverse mix of teams. From deep learning and neural networks to robotics, maps, simulation, to security and data science; if there's a type of software you're interested in, we are probably doing it. Uber is uniquely well-positioned to bring self-driving to the world through its ride-sharing network.
Interns will join a specific team within the ATG Software group based on their technical skillset, location preference(s), and interest in backend, fullstack, and/or frontend engineering.
This application will be open on the following basis:
Sept 8 - 17
Oct 1 - 8
Oct 22 - 29
What You'll Do
- Gain hands-on experience working with self-driving vehicles - interacting with and shaping robotic technology!
- Develop innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborate with an amazing team of highly skilled engineers all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline with at least one remaining semester of school left after completion of the internship
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, hackathons, coding challenges, projects, and/or publications.
- Coding skills. You are comfortable reading and developing production-quality software in one or more programming languages (C++, Python, Java, Go, etc.).
- Naturally curious. You're innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- Fast learner. You thrive on learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions on a collaborative team.
- Great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team. You support and encourage your teammates to excel. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Self-starter. You take initiative and enjoy getting into the details to resolve problems and draw out the best in others. You have integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.