2021 Software Engineer Internship
About the Role
As an intern, you'll have a direct impact on the customer experience for riders, drivers, eaters, restaurant and business owners, and cities alike. Do you like our services and want to bring them to the next level? Do you enjoy working in a team-based environment that executes at a fast pace? Are you interested in working on products that impact millions of people around the globe?
Then you should apply to join our team. We are passionate, engaged, and excited about cracking the code on urban mobility.
This application will be open on the following basis:
- Sept 8 - 17
- Oct 1 - 8
- Oct 22 - 29
- Actively pursuing a Bachelor's, or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline with at least one remaining semester of school left after completion of the internship
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Programming experience one or more application or systems languages (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience building tools/infrastructure
- A desire to be part of a team that delivers impactful results every day
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- An innate desire to deliver and a strong sense of accountability for your work
- Willingness to learn new languages and methodologies
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.