Senior Associate, M&A Finance and Integration
About the Role
This role will be part of the M&A Finance and Integration team. The team works with partners across the business including Corporate Development, Legal, Tax, Strategic Finance, and Accounting to help execute acquisitions and divestitures, financing activities, capital markets transactions, strategic partnerships and monthly and quarterly reporting (internal and external) at a fast pace and continuously evolving business. You'll play a key role in all aspects of finance and accounting implications on transactions from origination through integration.
What You'll Do
Financial Analysis and Diligence
- Identify and tackle issues through the deal life-cycle starting from due diligence to post close including integration of businesses
- Analyze financial/operational results of targets through reviewing accounting and other records
- Own internal and target data - understand Uber data and system reports and ensure target data is validated
- Assist financial reporting through deal implications including Pro Forma disclosures
- Engage in ad-hoc financial analysis, including special projects at the request of Finance/Accounting leadership
- Identify financial reporting / accounting implications on M&A, equity and debt transactions
- Benchmark and research peer companies and summarize and present relevant information to key partners including executives
- Identify post-acquisition action steps to achieve goals and integration of the transaction
- Develop and/or assist with integration project plans and budgets, and support day to day integration activities
- Develop and/or support monitoring of project status, identification and management of issues and risks
- Work with CorpDev and other functions to plan and execute finance tasks to complete integrations
- Help coordinate meetings, consolidate integration plans, design dashboards to supervise integration progress
- Work cross-functionally with Corporate Development, Strategic Finance, Accounting, Tax, Investor Relations, and Legal to provide financial insights and assess the company's overall progress towards its strategic objectives
- Minimum of 3+ years in a finance/accounting/advisory role
- Prior experience at a Big 4 financial due diligence / deal advisory practice
- Exceptional Excel skills; TM1, HFM, Oracle experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people.
- Ability to juggle- we are consistently working on multiple projects at any given time, so we are looking for someone who has the capability to successfully multitask.
- Great teammate - this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
About the Team
In Finance, we work hand-in-hand with leaders across the company to ensure smooth, disciplined execution of strategic business objectives. Our Accounting team builds scalable, controlled processes and products for Global Accounting, Treasury, and FinTech that enable our business to operate efficiently.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.