Program Manager II, Data Analytics
About the Role
As a Data Analytics PGM in GSS, you will perform a range of activities demonstrating your analytical thought leadership that will ultimately contribute to the successes of business and functional teams across Uber.
You will be wearing the Uber hat at all times and will be involved in leading multiple data-driven projects including, but not limited to,
- Design of KPI tracking systems for complex company-wide metrics across various Uber products and teams globally
- Performing analytical deep dives to drive product/strategy road-map
- Design of efficient analytical data mart that mimics product flow at scale
In your day-to-day work, you will be in charge of
Leading Analytical Solution Design & Delivery
- Drive and deliver multiple analytical and data engineering projects to partner team across Uber
- Lead problem scoping, vendor resource planning, solution design sprints, solution development, QA & Implementation.
- Set-up processes for delivery standardization and excellence such as documentation, review & quality assurance
- Ensuring thought leadership by working with Data Science/Data Analytics/Data engineering experts within and outside Uber to drive best in class solution delivery
- Translate analytical solution into actionable insights & recommendations for technical & non-technical audience in a clear, concise and a persuasive way
Driving the Program & Engagement Overall direction
- Be aware of business problem relationship to adjacencies and provide/advocate for comprehensive solutions that scales the org.
- Ensure regular updates on project delivery covering aspects such as quality, timelines, risk and issue Management
- Set up & drive overall program governance at all levels through relevant KPIs / metrics
- Ensure discipline around budget & Invoice and also around Impact and ROI measurement process
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
What You'll Need
- A degree in Physics, Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, Engineering, OR, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields
- Proficient in writing and understanding complex SQL queries; experience working with large data sets and Hive database
- Programming background and expertise in building models using at least one of the following languages: Python, R
- Exposure to Big Data platforms like Hadoop and its eco-system (Hive, Pig)
- Strong multi-tasking & project management skills and a keen sense of prioritization.
- Ability to thrive and deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver agreed results on-time.
- Strong story-telling & articulation skills - ability to convert any analytical output into clear, concise, and persuasive insights & recommendations for technical & non-technical audience
- Strong influence and relationship management skills; comfortable interacting across all levels of stakeholders
- Prior experience in product analytics/analytics consulting
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in a related position, as a Data engineering/analytical delivery lead or as an engagement manager delivering data-driven solutions across multiple businesses
Bonus points if you have:
- Have led analytics/DS/DE team in high paced, fast-growing tech startup
- Have led/scaled teams in Analytics COE's
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.