Sr Software Engineer - Golang
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. Uber Eats is home to a team of mobile and backend engineers tasked with creating an app to fuel our three-sided marketplace of eaters, delivery-partners, and restaurants. From making it easier to discover your ideal meal to designing dynamic UIs, our engineers keep the app healthy and users hungry for more.
About the Role
We are the Eater Funnel Optimization team, "finding what to fix" across the entire Eater lifecycle.
We are a new team chartered with optimizing the eater experience, understanding our platform and correcting any self-inflicted errors that slip through org boundaries. This team is a horizontal team that looks across not just the entire Eats app, but across other dependent teams and systems.
If anything impacts Eater experience, it's our problem, even if the root cause is somewhere like Marketplace, the Driver app, or the Restaurant tablet.
Our team is looking for people passionate about solving big problems impacting Uber's customers and bottom line, who are hungry to make a difference.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- You are an experienced Go backend developer.
- At least five (5) years of software engineering experience
- You are a creative problem solver, who sees the simplest possible solution and quickly executes on it. You thrive on accurately handling the tricky edge cases that together constitute a substantial portion of our customer's experiences.
- You are comfortable making minor tweaks and cascading them throughout a large call chain, reading and understanding large codebases, and safely making and analyzing experimental changes anywhere in the stack.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.