Communications Lead, CEE
About the Role
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers who ensure that their products - as well as the benefits of these products - are central to every communication. Our team is responsible for telling Uber's story to a wide range of media and external audiences across Central and Eastern Europe.
Uber is about much more than getting a safe and reliable ride from A to B - we're transforming how people get around cities, think about car ownership and connect to public transport; positively impacting the daily lives of people who value independent and flexible work; and through Uber Eats we're helping people access their favourite meals, freshly prepared and conveniently delivered, as easy as a few taps of their smartphone.
Our team works to make sure that these stories reach the media and people across Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). We're looking for a senior communications professional to manage our communications for the region. The role will be based in Warsaw, Poland and will report into our Head of Communications for Northern and Eastern Europe.
What You'll Do
- Tell the story of our business transformation and expansion through big-picture narratives.
- Work with beat reporters on a daily basis, juggling a combination of proactive and reactive communications efforts that protect and enhance our reputation.
- Showcase Uber's work as a responsible and respected corporate citizen.
- Handle crisis communications, to proactively spot reputation related issues and respond quickly to incidents.
- Manage resources for maximum impact, including working with an agency to amplify Uber and Uber Eats corporate strategy.
- Be flexible and agile in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Be a trusted partner to CEE executives.
To succeed you'll need to be
- A superb writer: We're looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple but credible arguments.
A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. You'll be used to working calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
A creative thinker: You are able to analyse trends and identify creative ways to make Uber relevant. You can build campaigns from scratch and are able to work cross-functionally with various teams to create and amplify ideas.
A fact finder: You'll love getting into the details and understanding an issue from all sides.
A campaigner: We succeed by putting together effective campaigns that make a broader case for the riders and drivers who use our app. You'll work together with our public policy team to find ways to creatively engage and inform the general public.
A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to work cross-functionally and organise around shared goals. We're looking for someone who has experience working on complex projects to get stuff done.
A PR strategist: You'll need a minimum of 8 years of experience in communications and/or journalism, as well as experience working with senior executives.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- A fluent Polish speaker, that is based in Warsaw.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in communications and/or journalism, as well as experience working with senior executives.
- Degree-level education.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.