Product Manager - Tax Invoicing
About the Role
Who We Are
The Sofia Product and Engineering Team owns the Tax and Compliance charter at Uber for all markets and lines of business on the platform as part of the Fintech organization in the Money Group. We are organized in 6 different product teams, working closely with each other, and supporting multiple client groups within the organization who need our services in order to fulfil both internal company demands, as well as external user facing needs.
What We Do
We are responsible for building the infrastructure and applications for issuing the relevant tax invoices for partners who earn on the platform and monitoring government regulations to help partners remain compliant with local laws.
We also manage the tax calculations related to trips and deliveries performed on the platform, we issue the familiar email receipts that people get at the end of each Uber ride, and we generate financial and tax documents such as earnings summaries and other reporting.
Who We Are Looking For
The Tax & Compliance Product team at Uber in Sofia is looking for a talented Product Manager to provide operational support, stakeholder alignment, manage the product roadmap and engineering coordination to help us expand the capabilities of our Tax and Compliance platform and Fintech services. We are looking for someone who is passionate about client services and building quality products and experiences.
What You'll Do
As a Product Manager you'll have a range of responsibilities, including:
- Elicit business requirements to help with the development of products and features.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews and demos to gather insights and inform designs.
- Develop use cases to document the needs of Tax, Ops, Legal and Compliance.
- Champion new features and changes to the platform and provide the engineering team with support throughout the development lifecycle.
- Join engineering scrums to capture outstanding issues to unblock development.
- File and coordinate tickets for our engineering, design and operations teams.
- Provide quality assurance support when launching new products and systems, proofread messaging, monitor quality and performance of different campaigns.
Marketing and Readiness
- Contribute to content development projects to create partner messaging and marketing collateral for our product marketing and compliance campaigns.
- Engage with stakeholders globally to elicit requirements, driven by upcoming changes to our business.
- Hold training sessions to help internal customers build their understanding of our systems and processes.
Who You'll Work With
You'll work directly with engineering and design teams to build and ship new products. You'll also interact with a number of client groups throughout the Money and Fintech organizations, including Tax, Compliance, Payments, Legal, Operations, CRM and the various stakeholders across the different lines of business.
What You Will Learn
You'll learn how to define, design and document requirements for new products and systems to help engineering teams initiate new products to markets around the world. You'll also gain first hand knowledge of the entire product development lifecycle and learn to recognize opportunities for improving customer experience.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience in product management, operations, client services, software development or related fields
- Ability and willingness to speak to customers and internal teams
- Project and people management skills
- Understanding of software development process and dependencies (e.g. project phases, QA, bug fixes, etc.)
- Ability to travel internationally
- Fluency in English and Bulgarian
- Bonus points for speaking Spanish, Portuguese or French
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.