Talent Mobility Business Partner
About the Role
A great Talent Mobility program is a critical element in retaining and developing the talent Uber has already attracted. We need someone passionate about all things Mobility to progress the operational efficiency of our program as well as shape and execute the strategic vision and philosophy. We'll need you to have both strategic and hands-on experience, as well as a mix of entrepreneurial and large, high-growth company experience. This position is an outstanding opportunity to provide vision and direction around strategic program development in a booming, constantly evolving environment.
What You'll Do
- Partner with key leaders and their leadership teams to generate and execute both long-term and short-term Talent Mobility roadmaps that directly support and enable the org's and the business' objectives
- Partner with clients to embed a compliant organisational culture and use change acceleration techniques to assist in driving Mobility compliance change
- Act as a process simplification champion who supports reducing complexity to improve efficiency
- Develop and drive Talent Mobility strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent
- Lead the development of new and improvement of existing Talent Mobility programs
- Provide experienced Mobility Tax advice on sophisticated compliance issues
- Partner with HRBPs and clients to implement the most effective organisational structures and lead transitions using customizable Mobility solutions (Reorgs, RIFs, etc.)
- Provide People Ops Partners team with appropriate coaching, mentoring and training to ensure Mobility Operations are efficient
- Partner with Regional Mobility BPs/Managers to assist with new country/market entry
- Conduct ongoing Mobility training with key business partners and employees (HRBPs, Hiring Managers, etc.)
- Collaborate with business leaders and hiring managers on Mobility exceptions
- Serve as the POC for the business to set up assignments - acquire approvals, review initiation forms, request cost estimates, coordinate questions and approval from business - complete assignment repatriation process
- Ensure that policies and programs are aligned with business needs - partnering with Mobility COE to iterate and develop Mobility offerings
- Take ownership of high-impact projects that craft the future of Mobility at Uber
- A minimum of 5 years of meaningful experience in global mobility program management
- Technical knowledge of mobility tax, payroll, and equity considerations for globally mobile employees, post-graduate qualifications preferred
- Proven understanding of immigration
- People Operations & Talent background
- Strategic and consultative approach with sophisticated interpersonal and project management skills
- Experience in program design and development
- Motivated self-starter, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving business needs
- Passionate about customer/client success with a track record to prove it
- Creative and innovative
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.