Head of Operations Payments Latam
About the Role
This role will be at the forefront of powering Uber's global payment platform, with a focus on building processes to ensure we scale payments efficiently, execute against our acceptance, cost, and risk KPIs, and improve the rider experience. Ideal candidates are process-oriented, results-driven, problem-solving, self-starters who have global e-commerce payments experience. In this dynamic, challenging role you'll have serious impact as an early member of the team responsible for improving our payment operations, resolving payment issues impacting collections, and partnering with cross-functional teams including Product, Engineering, Finance, and City teams to design and build tools supporting our payment infrastructure.
What you'll do
- Work alongside the GM Payments Latam, the Program Manager Mex/ Brazil and HQ Payments on locally launching payments features, products and services, incorporating local reality (regulation, consumer behaviour, competitive landscape, etc.) into these efforts, increasing speed and success rates
- Work alongside the GM Payments Latam, the Program Manager Mex/ Brazil to influence HQ Payments and Product Teams on the features, products and services that will be more successful in Latam, considering local reality, use cases, etc.
- Manage a team in Mexico and one in Brazil for Product Ops' launches
- Lead multiple local operational projects/ implementations (e.g. connecting to SPEI, BIN application, etc.)
- Define and execute operational processes of each regulated entity, considering regulatory requirements in each country
- Perform analysis for continuous improvement on all processes
- Optimize processes to generate efficiencies in the companies' resources and across the Latam region
- Work in full coordination with other functions within the payments org and other Uber verticals to ensure optimal operation and excellence in execution in current and future products and services provided
- Ensure all systems and processes are sufficient to support the operation for all products and services released in the payments org, but also supporting all new products, services, partnerships and product developments from other Uber verticals that impact the regulated entities
- Manage and develop a high performing team to deliver results and optimize operation
- Coordinate with the CommOps team to guarantee the correct customer support for all products and services of the entity and are fully compliant with regulatory requirements
- Manage providers/ vendors. Ensure that we are being served with the best quality service and necessary resources to achieve operational excellence
- Coordinate with the Marketing team, outsourced to the Uber org, to achieve company objectives and adoption goals per product or service
- Determine technological requirements from the product or IT/Infrastructure teams for the entities' operation and quality in customer experience
- Creation and Maintenance of the IT/Infrastructure Manual, which will need to be authorized by the BoD and the Auditing Committee (OPS)
- Lead and develop the relationship with external vendors/ providers for local Technological and infrastructure purposes, always in full alignment with HQ's Product and Eng teams (OPS)
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- 10+ years of experience in a managerial role, preferably cross-country/ regionally
- 5+ years of experience working in operational functions in financial institutions and/or (preferably) Fintech companies
- Practical management of functions that include a combination of: operations, business analysis, marketing, loyalty, customer retention strategies and project management.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent judgement in business decisions and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data in order to quickly prioritize activities and projects that are aligned to the overall business strategy
- Strong ability to lead and manage cross-functional stakeholders in multiple projects executed simultaneously. Attention to detail for a fast and clean execution
- Ability to scale and grow a high functioning team
- Strong business and operational savvy, especially in an uncertain environment and ever-changing industry
- Availability to be on-call on key dates or moments of the company's development. Being responsible for operations 24/7, even though we will automate support and hire a team if necessary, this person will be responsible for all reliability metrics
- Passion for technological companies with a focus on payments
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or relevant master degree is preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.