AML Compliance Authorities Requirements Manager, Uber Payments LATAM
About the Role
We are looking for an AML Compliance Authorities Requirements Manager who will work within the Latam Money/Payments AML Team. This person will help to build the AML function across the region by implementing the attention to authorities area (CNBV, BANXICO, CONDUSEF among others) This person will be a pillar to the Chief Compliance Officer function by assisting in the timely response of all notifications and requests from the local regulators even if it is through SITI AA or other communication channels.
This role is a unique opportunity to help launch and expand one of Uber's newest strategic efforts around Fintech-related activities. This is an important role aimed to create the AML functional area and capabilities. This Manager needs to be highly specialized both in AML and legal responses to the authorities. Advanced knowledge of AML mexican regulation for financial entities as well as other LATAM AML regulations, details oriented responsibility, analytical skills, accountability and ability to obtain information from other non related areas in a legal timeframe environment. Will also be in charge of the Blocked Persons List (CNBV).
This person will work together with other AML worldwide teams, product, engineering, legal, finance among others.
What You'll Do
- In charge of review, control and execute authorities requirements such as:
- Legal timelines.
- Legal responses to each requirement.
- Obtaining information from different areas in the regulatory timelines to send responses to authority.
- In charge of mexican blocked persons list.(Siti PLD, screening, matching, blocking and preparing 24 hour reports as well of answers to the CNBV)
- Attention to authority judicial requirements (freezing accounts, blocking accounts, execute actions on an account as per requirement)
- In charge of screen customers as per each requirement.
- In charge of applying different blocking codes as a result of the requirement.
- In charge of coordinate CONDUSEF requirements including but not limited to: reporting, provisions requirements, user requirements (UNE)
- Closely follow up with the correspondent regulator.
- Historic record creation
What You'll Need
- + 4 years full-time employment in a financial services corporation
- Significant experience related to Bank, MSB and/or Fintech
- Strong functional - Business expertise in AML and Compliance related areas.
- Deep knowledge of AML and legal responses to regulatory authorities
- Proven experience in-line technical background in AML and Compliance response to authorities
- Proven experience in similar positions within a banking institution or financial entities
- Proven experience in managing mexican blocked persons list (LPB)
- Proven experience in legal responses to CNBV, Banxico, Condusef among others
- Knowledge in AML Regulation
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various internal teams, outside counsel, and regulators
- A multi-tasker with close attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement
- Ability to interact with different areas of the business and in different cultures and nationalities to obtain the correspondent information to provide an answer to the regulator
- Bilingual (english/spanish)
- Bachelor's degree in business, law, economics or similar
- Relevant work experience and proven results in attention and management of authorities requests, AML, Compliance environment in Bank, MSB and or Fintech corporations
- CNBV certification preferred
- International experience in the financial service industry
About the Team
As our company continues to expand, the Uber Payments team is doing the same. We are building a multicultural team of leaders to tackle the challenges of efficiently scaling our business. We want you to bring considerable skills and experience to this role, but also humility and a team-player attitude, recognizing there's always more to learn and it's more fun doing it as part of a team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.