Head of Sales Business Development
About Uber Eats
Whether it's a sandwich, a burrito, or groceries, the Uber Eats team builds technology to connect people with what they want, when and where they want it. The Uber Eats Enterprise team leads business strategy and executes partnerships that have scaled impact on our customers, merchant partners, and courier partners.
About the Role
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of Uber Eats Sales Organization. You'll be on the frontlines introducing businesses to Uber Eats, while developing and testing new strategies for partner engagement. We need a highly motivated self-starter with an engaging personality who thrives working autonomously or in a team environment. You will be responsible for creating and owning business relationships and outcomes that will create meaningful impact. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, and a demonstrated track record of negotiating, executing, and managing high-value partnerships with the large, complex, and global partners.
What You'll Do
- Evaluate and prioritize strategic partnership opportunities, performing a broad range of quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Develop meaningful relationships with key partners that fit into our go-to-market strategy
- Envision new ways that partnerships can positively impact core business objectives applying creativity and business acumen
- Support the partnership from relationship building and due diligence, contract negotiations, all the way through post-contract sign integration and expansion
- Owns structuring, negotiation, and implementation of complex deals end-to-end with significant autonomy
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in operations and product to bring 'first of their kind' partnerships to life
- Set, track and report on partner performance metrics
- Act as a partner advocate internally
What You'll Need / Bonus Points
- At least 10 years of experience in business development, investment banking, management consulting, private equity or similar role
- A track record of forming and executing partnerships and customer growth
- At least 2 years team management experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop people and teams
- Data-driven decision making mentality & sound business judgment
- High degree of adaptability; Uber's high growth means frequent change for teams
- Ability to tackle diverse challenges and utilize internal/external resources/network when needed
- High standards for you and your team's performance your team's performance
- Exemplary communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience with Salesforce or other CRM/Sales tools
- Passion for the on-demand delivery space and food
- Bonus point if you have an extended network and prior experience in Japan's restaurant industry
Compensation & Perks
- Full-time competitive salary
- Equity compensation plan
- Uber credits every month
- Ground floor opportunity with the team: shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to build a startup within a startup
- Smart, engaged co-workers in a enjoyable and relaxed office environment
- We have access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that we regularly engage
- Monthly Fitness Allowance
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.