AML Compliance Analyst - Uber Payments LATAM
About the Role
We are looking for an AML Compliance Analyst who will work within the Latam Money/Payments AML Team. This person will help to build the AML function across the region by providing advisory in regards to Latam AML and financial regulations accordance to Uber business plan and will also be a pillar to the Chief Compliance Officer function by assisting in the AML Committee management, regulation gap analysis, regulatory environment, creating internal policies regarding: KYC, high risk customers, EDD, DD, KYE as well of the update process for the AML Manual and Program among others.
This role is a unique opportunity to help launch and expand one of Uber's newest strategic efforts around Fintech-related activities. This is an important role aimed to create the AML functional area and capabilities. This AML analyst role calls for a combination of multitasking abilities, advanced knowledge of AML mexican regulation for financial entities as well as other LATAM AML regulation, details oriented responsibility, analytical skills and AML law interpretation. metrics.
This person will work together with other AML worldwide teams, product and legal among others.
What You'll Do
- Review of compliance regulatory environment for both Mexico and Latam
- Regulatory analysis for Mexico and Latam
- GAP analysis of local and international regulations
- AML Manual, policy and guidelines creation, development and implementation
- AML Advisory for the core business and in different compliance regulations
- Regulatory implementation plans
- KYC initiatives and reviews
- Regulatory and internal AML reviews coordination
- Coordination of yearly customer file updates
- Conduct AML Manual updates
- CCC appointed member: Checklists, creation of minutes, follow up on CCC agreements, prepare CCC monthly presentations
- Creation of yearly regulatory calendars for both Mexico and Latam countries
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- + 3 years full-time employment in a financial service entity or corporation
- Experience related to Bank, MSB, SOFOM and/or Fintech.
- Knowledge of AML and Compliance areas
- Deep knowledge of AML regulation for financial entities in Mexico and Latam
- Able to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of the interplay between product and the core business
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and efficiently with members of various internal teams, outside counsel, and regulators
- A multi-tasker with close attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement
- Bilingual (english/spanish)
- International experience is highly desired
- Off site team work required
- Bachelor's degree in business, law or economics with work experience and proven results in KYC, AML, Compliance
- International experience in the financial service industry
- Experience in project management in business regulatory processes for AML, Compliance, requirements
- Knowledge in design and implementation of processes and policy creation
- Experience and lead regulatory audits
- Sanctions and CFT knowledge
About the Team
As our company continues to expand, the Uber Payments team is doing the same. We are building a multicultural team of leaders to tackle the challenges of efficiently scaling our business. We want you to bring considerable skills and experience to this role, but also humility and a team-player attitude, recognizing there's always more to learn and it's more fun doing it as part of a team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.