AML Compliance Manager Payments LatAm
About the Role
We are looking for an AML Compliance VP who will work within the Latam Money/Payments to help to build the AML function across the region by implementing automated functionalities in accordance to local regulation per country, Main POC with product and engineering team for creation and development of AML UIF typologies, transaction monitoring scenarios, Customer risk rating model and its updates, AML reporting to the regulator among others. This role will be a pillar to the Chief Compliance Officer function by assisting in the AML financial crime detection, reporting and case analysis by helping create the scenarios and having a team that will work offsite.
This role is an outstanding opportunity to help launch and expand one of Uber's newest strategic efforts around FinTech-related activities. This is a meaningful role sought to create the AML functional area and capabilities. This AML Compliance analyst is highly specialized both in AML and technological implementations and developments with shown experience also calls for a combination of multitasking abilities, sophisticated knowledge of AML Mexican regulation for financial entities as well as other LATAM AML regulation, details oriented responsibility, analytical skills, technological developments and implementation and international expertise regarding AML typologies.
This person will work together with other AML worldwide teams, product, engineering among others.
What You'll Do
- Develop, handle and execute KYC, AML, Compliance, CFT processes maps and controls.
- Develop and implement regulatory processes into automated systems and technological solutions.
- Review internal policies and procedures to ensure AML technological critical and appropriate measures are in place to ensure compliance with CNBV Regulation, Banxico Regulation, Condusef Regulation, KYC, AML, CFT in Mexico and in other Latam countries.
- Keep tabs on the technological implementation in KYC, AML, Compliance, CFT processes and adjust new trends and emerging typologies.
- Define rules, scenarios and running AML alerts for AML monitoring requirements.
- Regulatory reporting: layout development and implementation.
- Help develop, lead and implement risk assessment model according regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the transaction supervising system including scenarios, alerts, investigation level 1, level 2 and critical issue to AML Committee.
What the Candidate Will Need / Bonus Points
- Minimum 5 years full-time employment in a financial services corporation.
- Significant experience related to Bank, MSB and/or FinTech.
- Strong functional - Business expertise in AML and Compliance related areas.
- Deep knowledge of AML and Compliance areas.
- Confirmed experience in-line technical background in AML and Compliance automated systems.
- Validated experience in implementation of customer risk rating and technological implementation of AML risk matrix in accordance with CNBV and Banxico regulation.
- Knowledge in AML FIU typologies.
- Able to lead multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk.
- Able to communicate positively, optimal, and efficiently with members of various internal teams, outside counsel, and regulators.
- A multi-tasker with close attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate sound judgement.
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience in methodology implementations and project management in business regulatory processes and documentation for AML, Compliance, CFT requirements.
- Deep knowledge in design and implementation online processes and Risk Assessment Models.
- Regulatory reports expertise.
- Experience and lead regulatory audits.
- ACAMS certified.
- BSA and AML experience.
- Sanctions and CFT knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering with relevant work experience and tried results in KYC, AML, Compliance, CFT and Technology environment in Bank, MSB and or Fintech corporations.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.